Service Desk Specialist
Position ID: 145
USmax Corporation has an opening for a Service Desk Specialist to perform remote troubleshooting and customer support services for a Government enterprise-wide client server network in a Windows 2000 and XP environment. Primary duties include staffing the help desk, answering and documenting user requests over the phone and performing basic desktop support over the network.
This Service Desk is a 24/7 operation 365 days a year. It operates as a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) and is responsible for supporting 23,000 end users on 140 different applications using an integrated Service Desk/NOC/SOC ITIL environment to optimize FCR and MTTR.
- Answer incoming client and customer calls (Identifies, researches, resolves technical support issues
- Acts as a primary interface to business users for all IT support issues
- Simple troubleshooting and escalation of software and hardware issues via phone
- Train end users in the use of equipment and software
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Associate Degree required; BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS, or related field desired
- 3-5 years of experience in a help desk environment
- 2-4 years supporting Active Directory-based Windows platforms
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within groups
- Sensitivity to accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism in all areas of support activity
- Ability to react to dynamic industry and rapid changes in information technology
- Ability to maintain customer focus in the midst of difficult circumstances (Providing a high level of professionalism and customer service in all dealings with customers)
- Experience supporting large service desk environments
- Following escalation procedures when Incidents require escalation to the next level of support
- Experience working in a process-oriented workflow environment, ITIL preferred
- Experience working with multi-tiered ticket handling/resolution systems (Remedy)
- Experience with Windows and non-Windows server configuration, administration, and monitoring
- Ability to develop SME experience on one or more systems or applications acting as a "go to" person for other Service Desk Specialists
- Strong communication skills
- ITIL Foundations REQUIRED
- Candidate must be willing to work 8-hour shift schedule 365/24/7
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Understanding of federal contracting environment .
- Use of Remedy
- HDI Certification
- CompTIA A+ Certification
USmax Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
||3 - 5 years of experience in a help desk environment. Requires 2 - 4 years supporting Active Directory-based Windows platforms.
||Associates degree required; BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS or related field desired.