Position ID: 188
USmax Corporation is seeking a Systems Engineer to support a 24x7 Security and Network Operations Center which supports network management and information security functions for a large DHS customer in Westminster, CO.
- Assist lead in performing electronic discovery functions for investigations
- Execute one or more of the approved technical capabilities authorized to collect data for Supervised Access
- Mentoring of Junior Cisco Network and Security Administrators through training, SOP creation, and automation
- Act as a Tier 3 escalation point for a 24x7 operation
- Create formal documentation for systems administration, operations, and maintenance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelorís Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Minimum 7 years of IT experience with minimum 3 years of experience as a firewall or network security engineer
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- At least one of the following certifications is required (two or more preferred):
- ACSA, CCNP, CCSP, MCSE, CISSP GCFW, or other GIAC Certifications (training will be provided)
- ITIL Foundation V3 Certification Required
- ITIL Practitioner Certification required within 90 days of hire (training will be provided)
- ArcSight and multi-vendor IDS/IPS experience
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco security products
- Experience with forensic tools such as FTK and EnCase
- Experience in operating and maintaining Cisco IDS/IPS, PIX, and ASA in an enterprise environment
- Experience in network security monitoring/scanning tools such as Fidelis, Netwitness, and eEye Retina
- PERL or other scripting and automation skills
- In-depth understanding of ports, protocols, and network traffic analysis as it relates to network security
- Experience using troubleshooting techniques including but not limited to: network sniffers, syslog, and the Firewall capture command
- Understanding of information security principles as it relates to systems and network security
- Understanding of formal processes for change and release management
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical staff as well as less technical colleagues
- Understanding of federal contracting environment a plus
- On-call and after-hours support as necessary to act as Tier 3 escalation point for 24x7 operation
- Applicant must have an Interim Secret Clearance to start work/report onsite.
USmax Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
||Minimum 7 years of IT experience with minimum 3 years of experience as a firewall or network security engineer
||Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.