Systems Administrator, Deployment
Position ID: 222
USmax Corporation is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the Information Technology Operations and Maintenance (ITOM) contract for U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS).
The Systems Administrator is part of a technical team focused on providing high level support in the deployment of network systems. Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and usage of government systems nationwide; Performs systems analysis, solutions, tests and implements interface programs; Manages and analyzes system performance and maintains system security; Ensures that security procedures are implemented and enforced; Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems to ensure minimal disruption of mission-critical applications; Updates software specifications; security validation checks, and documentation; Researches hardware and software issues to meet requirements.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Administers servers in support of end-users operations
- Assist higher Tier teams with routers and switches in the support of LAN/WAN operations
- Monitor operational status of servers and their subsystems.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users, and provide superior customer service and technical assistance.
- Coordinates and installs hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Assists with asset management and inventory of IT assets
- Participates in special projects as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, and work experience
- 5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis
- ITIL Foundation V3 required within 90 days of hire (training will be provided by the employer)
- Must have or be able to obtain, with the first 120 days of employment, the following certifications: Comp TIA A+, Network+, Server+, and Security+ (training will be provided by the employer).
- Strong understanding of Desktop OS, specifically Windows XP (SP3) in a MS 2003/2008 network operating environment, to include Active Directory, Microsoft Office 2003/2010, user profiles, and Exchange 2003.
- Solid background in deployment planning, coordination, and implementation
- Solid background in development and modification of project plans, standard processes, advanced desktop, and infrastructure troubleshooting
- Superior customer service skills
- Detail-oriented and capable of producing quality reports, project schedules, and standard operating procedures in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple deadlines, maintain customer focus in the midst of difficult circumstances, and work well within a process oriented framework.
- Experience with Backup Exec, versions 12.x and higher
- Experience with LANDesk Management Suite, version 9
- Experience with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Experience with REMEDY Ticket Tracking System
- Deployment tasks are completed after normal business hours, on weekends and holidays. As such, the candidate must be flexible with schedules and be prepared to travel more than 90% of the time
- 90% of the time should be on travel installing equipment and standing up new sites. When not on travel local and remote site support is the priority tasking.
- LOCAL AND CONUS TRAVEL MAY BE REQUIRED.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
USmax Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
||5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis
||BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, and work experience