Position ID: 238
USmax Corporation is looking for a Hardware Technician to provide Tier I support with deskside resolution of workstations, printers, and peripheral devices.
- Monitor and respond to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Under direct supervision, assists with network hardware, servers, and software installation, troubleshooting, and support
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participate sin special projects as required
- Assists with annual and ad-hoc physical inventories of IT equipment
- Assists with security vulnerability remediation
- Assists with support of video conferencing and audio/video equipment
- Provides small scale local cabling support (creates CAT5/CAT6 patch cables)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of directly related experience supporting network operations
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must be ITIL Foundation certified or capable of obtaining ITIL Foundation level certification within 90 days of hire (training provided at employer’s expense)
- Must have or be able to obtain, with the first 120 days of employment, the following certifications: Comp TIA A+, Network+, and Help Desk Institute (HDI) Certification (training will be provided by the employer).
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 30-50 lbs.
- This program requires 24/7/365 operational support; therefore, this position is not shift specific and may require rotation of schedule hours.
- LOCAL TRAVEL MAY BE REQUIRED.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
USmax Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
||Laguna Niguel, CA
||Requires a minimum of 2 years of directly related experience supporting the end user community
||Associates Degree in a related technical discipline preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience