Applications Systems Analyst
Position ID: 258
USmax Corporation has an opening for a Systems Analyst to support the 24x7 Security and Network Operation Center (SNOC) for a major Federal organization located in Westminster, Colorado. The SNOC is a consolidated Network and Security Operations Center which supports network management and information security functions for an organization and environment consisting of 23,000 end users and 140 applications, respectively.
The organization is a very fast-paced, changing environment. Superior customer service skills are required. This position requires ability to work independently as well as within groups. Sensitivity to accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism in all areas of support activity is imperative.
The successful candidate will have experience with Security and Network Operations. Prior NOC or SOC experience is required. This position is perfect for a solid SOC or NOC Analyst looking to broaden their skill set across both disciplines.
- Perform Tier 1 network and security monitoring using enterprise consoles (ArcSight and Netcool)
- Perform Tier 1 network and security event triage and remediation according to written playbook procedures
- Operation and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and IDS.
- WAN and LAN management and troubleshooting
- Maintenance and operation of enterprise anti-virus infrastructure
- Performing vulnerability scanning and network discovery
- Generating incident reports and manage a Remedy ticket queue
- Conducts or participates in the research, design and development of systems software, software applications and/or tools for new programs and subprograms as well as enhancements, modifications and corrections to existing software. Codes, tests, integrate and documents software solutions.
- Participates in special projects as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- MCSE or MCSA preferred
- Candidate must be ITIL Foundation certified or capable of obtaining ITIL Foundation level certification within 60 days of hire
- Candidate must obtain one of the following certifications within 120 days of hire:
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- In-depth understanding of Cisco switching, routing and firewall concepts
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols (wireshark, tcpdump, IDS, OSPF)
- Experience with computer security incident response
- Experience with UNIX, Linux, or NT/Win2000/XP Operating Systems security
- Experience working in a large government or corporate enterprise environment
- Experience working in a process-oriented workflow environment
- Must be familiar with FISMA, NIST 800-53, and DHS 4300 security policies or corresponding DOD standards and guidelines
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines
- Mature verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to maintain customer focus in the midst of difficult circumstances
- Experience as a member in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical staff as well as less technical colleagues
- Understanding of federal contracting environment a plus
- Candidate must be willing to work 8-hour shift schedule 365/24/7
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- MUST possess and/or be eligible to be granted a Top Secret clearance.
USmax Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Click here for a summary of your equal employment opportunity rights on the "EEO is the Law" poster.
USmax participates in E-Verify. Download the PDF for more details.
||4 years IT experience with minimum 1 year in Network or Security Operations role maintaining switches, routers, firewalls, or working enterprise computer security incident response.
||Bachelorís Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.